Digitally produced photographs provided in low resolution format, are designed for digital presentation only. For full resolution it should be noted that presenting in formats other than digital, require professional sharpening, cropping and colour profiling amongst other editing processes. Refer back to Downing Lifestyle Photography for further guidance.
Health & Safety Policy:
- Downing Lifestyle Photography takes every reasonable effort to ensure the premises and equipment are deemed as suitable and safe for all users at all times.
- The Client is fully responsible for their own action and responsible for the children they are in the accompany of. Any damages or breakages to the property that incur as a result of the Client’s action, shall be the responsibility of the Client to pay or rectify as agreed with Downing Lifestyle Photography.
- Downing Lifestyle Photography do not take any responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings within or outside the studio. Downing Lifestyle Photography sessions can involve some physical activity, which is undertaken at your own risk.
- By booking with Downing Lifestyle photography, you are confirming that you are aged 18 or over. We reserve the right to require you to prove your age with appropriate photographic I.D. Downing Lifestyle Photography takes no responsible action for any outcome as a result of any false information provided, or withheld form Downing Lifestyle Photography.
- Downing Lifestyle Photography request that all Clients advise Downing Lifestyle Photography if any special or medical requirements are needed to make the Client’s experience at Downing Lifestyle Photography Studio more comfortable and accessible.
- Downing Lifestyle Photography always ensure a safe environment within the studio, it is the parent’s or guardian’s responsibility to ensure that all children are supervised and remain safe at all times to avoid danger caused by the misuse, handling or interference of equipment.
- We forbid the use of ANY DRINKS/FOOD within the studio photography areas.
COVID – 19 HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY.
PLEASE REFER TO OUR SPECIFIC DOCUMENT ABOVE FOR 19TH JULY UPDATE.
Downing Lifestyle Photography advice for clients both before and during their studio experience.
Safe operation protocols following the Covid-19 Virus
As a professional photographer working in our community it is essential for me to help and minimise the spread of any infection. Even though Mariela & I have always operated a clean studio working policy we have introduced some new working protocols to meet government guidelines as well as common sense initiatives to protect us all.
Like all small business we have been hit by this pandemic lockdown and are eager to get back to work, but we can only do that safely with your cooperation, which includes temperature testing on arrival, a no touch protocol and sanitization on arrival.
Personal Protection Equipment
Our key PPE protection is through temperature monitoring & sanitization gel on arrival, for both you and us. We would prefer to work without PPE, like masks and gloves, most of the time, but at your request or for specific reasons or government guidelines, we will of course do so.
Our Commitment to You
We will follow our studio protocols on sanitisation, cleaning and self-distancing. Each day we will have our temperature taken, including every time we enter the building and in front of clients we are involved with.
Sanitisation, Hand Washing, Sneeze Etiquette and health monitoring will all follow our studio protocol.
We have rearranged our diary to ensure no crossover, and are working to a strict “By Appointment Only” rule. We will also be ensuring our contact is minimised in accordance with social distancing guidelines. As we say “2 meters doesn’t mean we don’t love you” – in fact by respecting the 2meter guideline as well as our no touch policy, the session will follow and still feel like a great experience.
We will follow guidelines on grouping and numbers at all times and adjust to the numbers in a session allowed.
Temperature checks & 3 little questions
On arrival at the studio we take an infrared temperature check of everyone, including ourselves. We will ask the main contact of a group with mixed families, especially those with very young children to make this procedure into more of a game, we may refer to it being a “Happy Meter” If any in the party has a temperature of 37.8 or above, the session will need to be rescheduled.
On arrival we will ask 3 simple questions:
- How is everyone feeling?
- Has anyone had a cough or any flu-like or Covid symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting symptoms within the last 14 days, including a visit to hospital?
Prior to all sessions our sanitisation and cleaning protocol as a minimum include: Hand Gel & Temperature Check on Arrival Designated secure coat and baggage area. Washing hands regularly before and after any session. Cleaning of all client areas and furniture, including client toilet facilities, door handles & counter tops. Post Session cleaning of studio props that clients might come in contact with.
Covid-19 Liability Release Waiver
*Client Acknowledgement Prior to Every Scheduled Appointment*
Due to the 2019-2020 outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Downing Lifestyle Photography is taking extra precautions with the care of every client to include additional cleaning of the premises and equipment between every client as well as additional hand sanitisers on entry and exit.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include: (not exclusively)
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
- Loss of taste and/or smell
Client to confirm their understanding of the following:
- Temperature Checks on Arrival at the studio
- I understand the above symptoms and affirm that I, as well as all household members do not currently have, not have experienced the symptoms listed WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS.
- I affirm that I, as well as all household members have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 30 DAYS.
- I affirm that I, as well as all household members have not knowingly been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 30 DAYS.
- I affirm that I, as well as all household members, have not travelled outside the country or any city considered to be a “Hot Spot” for COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 30 DAYS.
- I understand that Downing Lifestyle Photography Ltd cannot be held liable for any exposure to the Covid-19 virus caused by misinformation on this form.
Downing Lifestyle Photography is following these enhanced procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Prepayment of services available if clients prefer contactless checkout
- Additional time included between appointments to prevent client contact with each other.
- Each client required to wash/sanitiser their hands upon arrival and before leaving.
- All items in contact with client will be thoroughly cleaned between each client.
- All surfaces will be wiped thoroughly with a recognized disinfectant before and after each client according to the manufacturer’s instruction.
Downing Lifestyle Photography agrees to abide by these standards and affirms the same.
Prints, Copyright and Display
- The photographs, digital negatives, prints, video, edits and post production produced by Downing Lifestyle Photography are protected by Copyright Law (all rights reserved) and may not be reproduced in any manner without Downing Lifestyle Photography ‘s explicit written permission. Images supplied on any of Downing Lifestyle Photography special CDR’s offers are excluded from this clause although Downing Lifestyle Photography requests that any images published are acknowledge as to have been taken by Downing Lifestyle Photography.
- The Client agrees that Downing Lifestyle Photography may display any of the images taken during the session for their promotional activities (i.e. website/leaflets) providing that the images used are used lawfully and without damage to the Client.
- For copyright purposes, no personal photography or filming is permitted at the studio. The use of digital camera, camera phones, video recorders, or any photographic/video capture device is prohibited.
Payment, Cancellation & Refund Terms:
- A non-refundable deposit of £50 will be required to secure your session, payable at the arranged pre-consultation visit.
- Ordering of Wall and Display Art will require a non-refundable 50% deposit to secure, payable at the arranged viewing visit.
- Downing Lifestyle Photography may reserve the right to cancel a booking if the Client is not punctual or if they have not adhered to health and safety instructions or if they are at fault for damaging equipment/furniture/fixtures/fittings within the studio. The Client may be liable to Downing Lifestyle Photography for the full cost of the session plus damages and loss of earnings.
- Clients are permitted to cancel a photo booking up until 48 hours prior to the allotted date. Cancelling within 48hrs notice will incur a cancellation fee of £50 .
- Once the photographic products have been checked, collected and signed for at our studio, no returns will be accepted nor will any refunds be done by Downing Lifestyle Photography.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation by Downing Lifestyle Photography due to illness or injury, you will be offered the option of a reshoot at a later date or a full refund of monies paid.
- Pets must at all times be under the control of their owners. Dogs must be on a lead unless specifically agreed with the photographer.
- Downing Lifestyle Photography maintains the right to ask for a pet to be removed from the studio if it shows any sign of unsociable behavior or aggression in any circumstances.
3. Where at all possible dogs should be toileted before any studio session. We appreciate accidents will happen.
4. Owners must accept liability for any damage caused by their pet whilst on studio premises.
Virtual Dog Show May 2020. Celebrate Dog Photography Day July 2021.
Any winning photosession must be booked in by the end of the following month in which any competition finishes.
Only one image per Dog Category can be entered. You may enter in multiple categories.
The winning image in each category album will be based on the most “likes or loves” reactions at the date and time the category is closed.
Alternative ‘reactions’ (‘Haha‘, ‘Wow‘, ‘Sad‘ and ‘Angry‘) will not count as a vote. You can only vote for an image once: Facebook will only allow individual accounts to ‘like’ or ‘love’ once per image.
If a household wins more than one Best In Class, i.e. more than one Dog Portrait Session, they keep one prize and any additional prizes will pass to the dog with the next highest number of votes in that Class.
The “Best of Breeds” winner will be the image with the most ‘Like’ or ‘Love’ reactions across all categories in a public vote.
In the event of a tie, the winning image will be decided by an independent judge chosen by (Downing Lifestyle Photography)
If you win a category you should not enter another category to make it fair for the grand prize.
Images must be your own image – no professional images are allowed.
The winners of the categories will be announced on our Facebook page.
The Greatest Overall Prize will be announced on our Facebook page . There is no cash alternative to any of the stated prizes.
- Gift Vouchers may not be used to purchase photographs from a previous photoshoot.
- Gift Vouchers are non-refundable, non-transferrable and non-redeemable for cash.
- You may not sell Gift Vouchers to any third parties or via the internet without firstly obtaining the express written consent of Downing Lifestyle Photography. Consent may be subject to any conditions which Downing Lifestyle Photography choose to impose. Downing Lifestyle Photography reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of gift vouchers by you to a third party.
- Downing Lifestyle Photography Gift Vouchers have an expiry date of 12 months from date of purchase.
- Change is not given on purchases that cost less than the value of the Gift Vouchers presented.
- No responsibility will be accepted for lost, stolen, or damaged Gift Vouchers.